Red Ensign Group Case Study
“DoxShare provides an easy and effective solution for all members of the group to access documents from any location.” – Graeme Carnegie, External Improvement and Assurance Programme Manager for the UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA)
The Red Ensign Group (REG) is a group of British shipping registers, comprising thirteen member countries: the United Kingdom, its Crown dependencies and its UK Overseas Territories, all of whom operate British Shipping Registers. This included: Anguilla, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, United Kingdom, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Montserrat, St Helana, and Turks & Caicos Islands.
At current fleet levels across the group, the combined British Red Ensign fleet represents a total of 50.1 million gross registered tonnage (‘GRT’) – placing the Red Ensign Group as the 7th largest Flag State in the world by GRT.
The Red Ensign Group are currently using DoxShare as a central information and document sharing repository to securely manage, control, store and share all of their key documentation, particularly with respect to their annual International REG Conference and technical forums.
DoxShare enables all the REG members and associates to quickly and easily access the latest and correct versions of their important documents through a secure portal. All REG members can instantly access the latest papers, minutes and documents prior to and during conferences and forums and from any location at any time. Members can also keep up to date with changes and amendments to individual documents with DoxShares’ built in version control, document history facility and the change notification tool. Members can easily submit updates and publish/ obtain new versions too.
Each shipping registrar member also has its own secure area and folders within DoxShare and this is used by the individual shipping registrars to comment on specific papers. These comments can be made during conferences or forums, by either members in attendance or in real time from members’ respective crown dependencies.
- Security – members have full control of sensitive documentation and can control who can and can’t see specific documents. Plus, downloaded documented can be stored locally in an encrypted repository.
- Using the audit trails, members can check when and who has accessed the latest version of documents.
- The one central document repository means that members can access the portal no matter where they are located in the world and at any time, and without the need for a shared corporate network.
- Less time is spent collating and locating the latest relevant documents for REG meetings, reducing administration overheads and the need for paper based copies of meeting packs as documents are easily retrievable.
- Documents can be downloaded to a secure repository and accessed even without an internet connection – ideal for those working in the maritime industry where travel is a neccessity and an internet connection not always guaranteed.
- The Doxshare portal is integrated with the REG website, so members have easy and secure access to the portal from any browser.
- Collaboration between members is easier – there’s no need for constantly sending emails backwards and forwards.
Graeme Carnegie, External Improvement and Assurance Programme Manager for the UK MCA commented:
“Due to the geographically wide-spread makeup of the International shipping registers operated by the Red Ensign Group, distribution and ready accessibility of documents for meetings and policy decisions is key, and DoxShare provides an easy and effective solution for all members of the group to access documents from any location.”
Contact us today for your free 30 day trial of DoxShare.Click here